For some time we have been familiar with what Addison wants and does not want. She can be very emphatic. What makes us laugh is the way she has come up with to persuade us. It usually goes something like this:
Addison - Can I have some please?
Dad or Mom - No, not tonight.
Addison - But I want it.
Dad or Mom - I know, but we are all done eating for the evening.
Addison - Please oh, Please! (repeat ad nauseum)
It is the "please oh, please" that caught me off guard. We really don't know where it came from (so many things seem to appear that way). It is hard to picture if you haven't experienced it but the emphasis is all over the p's and it really is pathetic. You would think she was destitute and so oppressed.
In more popular news it has been very fun that Addison has been sharing her feelings in the good times as well. Like this morning when she burst into our room and declared, "I am so excited to go see Clifford today!" She really has been excited, but it was strangely mature of her to declare it that way.
Addison and I have been riding bikes together. She is getting really good on her bike with training wheels (say what you may about training wheels, she is happy). It has been a lot of fun for me to just ride bikes, not cycling, riding bikes. We do figure 8's and loops out in front of our condo. I especially love how, while Addison is riding she will randomly yell, "this is fun!" I have to agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment