Monday, October 15, 2007

The Mad Sciencetist Returns!

I received a call last week from Mad Science - a company I worked for teaching after school science classes until Addison was born. They currently have too many classes for the number of instructors hired and wanted to know if I'd be interested in helping by teaching class. After much thought, and finding a place for Addison to be (my good friend Sarah is going to watch her - she has a 4 year old girl and a boy who is a month older than Addison - should be fun for her) I decided I will give it a try again. I did really love doing this job - and the company is the best I've ever worked for.
So I started today by 'subbing' and having 2 new instructors watch the class, which was actually one of their classes (I was a little nervous about jumping back in with people watching). All went well - although I did have a kid who disrupted class no matter how I tried to contain it, but I think he's actually not in the class, so that will be good for the instructor. I sub again on Wednesday, with the actual instructor watching that class as well.
The class I'll be teaching starts next week, and I'm looking forward to meeting the kids. I did have fun this afternoon, although I missed Addison tons and she wouldn't let me go for the rest of the day afterwards, which I didn't mind at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment