Monday, October 8, 2007

heavy sleeper

Occasionally Addison and I take a nap together on the couch. She is used to it enough now that when I lay down with the blanket, she'll climb up with me when she's sleepy and fall right asleep. It's wonderful!
A few days ago this happened when I was watching Hope (Hope was asleep in the bassinet). Hope's mom came about 15 minutes into the nap. I carefully 'unsnuggled' myself. Before I went to open the door, I remembered that Addison moves A LOT in her sleep (on the nights when she does end up in our bed, LeRoy has taken quite a few crazy arms in the face). I put her small couch that folds out into a bed in front of where she was laying on the couch - so it would be a softer landing if she were to fall. This turned out to be great foresight.
I answered the door and got Hope on her way, then decided all the water I drank earlier needed to be emptied. (The bathroom is very close to our living room where Addison was snoozing.) As I was washing my hands, I heard a deep baby sigh and blankets moving. Yikes! I hurried back into the living room to find my daughter still sleeping soundly...on her couch instead of the big one.


1 comment:

  1. That's funny! I only wish Cory would fall asleep with me and not make so much noise... :( I'd love to snuggle with him, but I would get NO sleep!

    ReplyDelete