Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sleeping Soundly...

...in a new bed! The other night I went to check on Addison in her crib and had the thought 'it seems like she's in a cage', not because of any thing specific, it just came into my head. So, that's why while Addison was sleeping here...


She will soon sleep here...



Grandpa Dan & Grandma Jenni got the new sleeping place for Addison at Ikea. She was so excited while daddy was putting it together on Sunday evening, we could hardly keep her away until it was finished. When it was done, she ran to it and to daddy, saying 'thank you' over and over again. She even ran to the top of the stairs and yelled down what sounded remarkably like, "I love my new bed! Thank you!" Of course we didn't have the video camera going yet - bummer. But even after all that, she still chose to sleep in her crib. We figured she didn't know it was for sleeping yet. Today (well, yesterday now) for nap I laid down with her in the bed to help her sleep in it.

No problem at all - she even just called for me when she woke up instead of getting out of it. And tonight (again, technically last night) she kept getting into it and signing 'sleep'. We think she gets it now. So far she is sleeping soundly in her new bed. Such a big girl! We're just hoping she continues to not get out by herself when she wakes up...for a while yet. :)

This means that Melissa gets the crib & changing table that much sooner for Baby Boy Studer - I'm sure she is smiling right now...well, maybe not exaclty right now, hopefully she's alsleep. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am smiling... every time I look at it! :) We love the nursery set and I can't wait to put our boy in it. We've got pics up on our blog.

    ReplyDelete